As technology becomes more and more embedded in our culture, we must provide our learners with relevant and contemporary experiences that allow them to successfully engage with technology and prepare them for life after school.
It is widely recognised that learners are motivated and purposefully engaged in the learning process when concepts and skills are underpinned with technology and sound pedagogy. Learning and Teaching Scotland aims to provide resources for practitioners, parents and pupils to engage with these technologies in order to inform and enhance the learning experience.
These resources include, but are not limited to:
- Glow - the world's first national schools intranet which provides access to a range of tools and resources for pupils and practitioners
- examples of innovative uses of technology in practice, including game based learning through computer games and the use of mobile technologies
- support and advice on internet safety and responsible use for all
- video material on iTunesU
- communication via social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook.